Answered By: Bob Glass Last Updated: Jun 01, 2016 Views: 183
Piedmont College readers no longer have to know a special password to read the premium articles that are restricted to subscribers only in the Chronicle of Higher Education or the Chronicle of Philanthropy. Now all you need is your Ezproxy username and password. Here's a LibGuide about Ezproxy that shows how to determine your Ezproxy login information.
If you want to read premium articles in either Chronicle off-campus directly on either Chronicle website, you can access the Chronicle of Higher Education using this proxied link. Here is a link for the Chronicle of Philanthropy. You'll also find them both on the Browse Electronic Resources by Title page for C.
If you receive a daily newsletter from either Chronicle, here's how you can click on a link to a premium article in the newsletter and have it open seamlessly.
- Open the email newsletter in Outlook or any other email reader.
- Open another tab or window in your default browser and go to the Library's website, to the page, Find Articles & More / Browse by Title / C.
- Click on the Chronicle link you want to read in. You'll be asked for your Ezproxy login information.
- Once Ezproxy recognizes you, you'll go to the Chronicle website you've chosen.
- Now you can go back to the email newletter and click on any article link. You'll be able to access any of the premium articles.
For greater convenience, you can install the Ezproxy bookmarklet in your browser's Favorites toolbar. There are instructions on the Working Online libguide.